Monday, November 8, 2010

Our story so far....

We found out we were expecting on March 17th 2010. After confirming with HSG tests we were very excited but still wary, we knew all to well that things could still go wrong. We were scheduled for a 7 week ultrasound just to confirm everything on June 9th. Adam came with me to the appointment and right away I could see two seperate "things" on the screen but since I am not an ultrasound technician I didn't say anything just watched. She pointed to the first little guy and pointed out the heartbeat, then pointed to the second heartbeat(which shocked Adam quite a bit!) and then moving the device found another little guy higher in my uterus and pointed out a THIRD heartbeat!!! I was in shock!! Twins happen, no big deal but triplets no way! 
 We went home with the three little ultrasound pictures of A, B and C wondering what we were going to do next....
  We told our parents on Father's Day, they were very excited and surprised as well. The extended family found out the weekend of the 4th of July after our 10week ultrasound confirmed everything was still going well. We made it facebook official on July 5th!! 
  We found out that our blessings were all little boys on August 28th at our 18 week ultrasound. So much for the little girl that Adam had his heart set on since I met him. Of course as his brother says "Hick's men produce boys!!"
  Since then we have been trying to figure everything out. Registering for babies was fun but a little stressful because it is hard to imagine what you will need in threes, twos and what you can get by with only one of.... The real test will be when they are here, then we will for sure know the answers.We have been blessed with our fabulous families and friends support. Lots of clothes and other items have been donated and after 3 showers I feel like we almost have everything we need...
   We are now at 29 weeks and 1 day, our original goal was to make it to 34 weeks which we were told we needed to be at to have the babies here in town. Now I am feeling more optimistic and hope to be able to plan a c-section for 35-36 weeks. (Adam of course is on call for week 35!) so we will see at our appointment on Friday! 
  I will try to add some pictures but this whole blog thing is new to me so bear with me!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment